Four words or phrases, labelled 1, 2, 3, and 4, are given below the conversation. Choose the word or phrase that will correctly complete the conversation. Click on the answer you think is correct.
1. What year did you _____ university?
2. It seems to be getting worse. You had better _____ a specialist.
3. Chicago is a large city, _____?
4. Don’t leave your books near the open fire. They might easily _____.
|catch to fire|
|catch the fire|
|catch on fire|
|catch with fire|
5. Do you enjoy _____?
6. I have trouble _____.
|to remember my password|
|to remembering my password|
|remember my password|
|remembering my password|
7. Do you have _____ to do today? We could have a long lunch if not.
8. My brother will _____ for a few nights.
|provide us up|
|provide us in|
|put us up|
|put us in|
9. When will the meeting _____?
10. The board meeting was held _____.
11. Why don’t you _____ us?
|go to the house party with|
|go together the house party with|
|go the house party with|
|together the house party with|
12. That awful accident occurred _____.
|before three weeks|
|three weeks before|
|three weeks ago|
|three weeks past|
13. They didn’t _____ John when he explained his decision.
14. The social worker _____ the two old sisters who were ill.
|called to the house of|
|called on the house of|
15. Tomorrow is Paul’s birthday. Let’s _____ it.
16. If you don’t understand the text, don’t hesitate _____.
|ask a question|
|asking a question|
|to ask a question|
|to asking a question|
17. It’s snowing. Would you like to _____ on Saturday or Sunday?
|go to ski|
18. Our company didn’t pay _____ for that banner advertisement.
19. Do you feel like _____ now?
|to go swimming|
20. Tom was thrilled to be _____ such a beautiful and interesting lady.
21. “What happened to them last night? They look depressed”
“I don’t think _____ happened.”
22. “It is not very cold. I don’t think we need these big jackets.”
“I don’t think so, _____.”
23. “Bill is not doing well in class.”
“You must _____ that he is just a beginner at this level.”
|keep to mind|
|keep in mind|
|keeping in mind|
24. “Excuse me. Do you know where the bus terminal is?”
“It is _____ the large police station.”