|How do I write a paragraph? How can I begin?
It is important to know how to write a paragraph. There are certain rules you should follow in order to write a paragraph and to know how to write term papers. Your first sentence should be a topic sentence and should contain the topic and an opinion on the topic. It should strictly not contain any supporting ideas which MUST feature in the next sentence. You should write at least three sentences supporting your ideas, with facts, reasons, examples, statistics, comparison, or an anecdote. Last, you should have a concluding sentence which reasserts your opinion, but does not have the same wording. Going by these helpful rules will lead to good paragraph writing.
There are also four stages in which we have categorized paragraph writing so as to make it a lot easier for you to learn the art. The four stages are:
|What is the writing stage?|
|The writing stage is when you turn your ideas into sentences.|
|Five Writing Steps:|
|1. Open your notebook and word processor.
2. Write the topic sentence, supporting sentences and closing sentence.
3. Write clear and simple sentences to express your meaning.
4. Focus on the main idea of your paragraph.
5. Use the dictionary to help you find additional words to express your ideas.
|What is the editing stage?|
|The editing stage is when you check your paragraph for mistakes and correct them.|
|Grammar and Spelling|
|1. Check your spelling.
2. Check your grammar.
3. Read your assignment again.
4. Make sure each sentence has a subject.
5. See if your subjects and verbs agree with each other.
|6. Check the verb tenses of each sentence.
7. Make sure that each sentence makes sense.
|Style and Organization|
|1. Make sure your paragraph has a topic sentence.
2. Make sure your supporting sentences focus on the main idea.
3. Make sure you have a closing sentence.
4. Check that all your sentences focus on the main idea.
5. See if your paragraph is interesting.
|What is the publishing stage?|
|The publishing stage is when you produce a final copy of your assignment to
hand in. The three most vital publishing steps are: 1. Make a paper copy of your paragraph.
2. Show your work to your teacher, tutor or parents.
3. Ask them for hints on how to improve your writing.